Many a time certain things in life will pull you down. No matter how strong and positive-minded you are, these things do not appear to be enough. But there is a friend that will never betray you or leave your side. There is a common saying that good books are man’s best friend.
You will come across many self-motivational books that will bail you out of stressful situations and let you be on your feet again so that you can take on life with renewed vigor. Here, we will find the top 10 motivational books that you can bank upon in need.
Motivational books to read when you feel lost
Why must you read books when you feel down? The reasons are valid and here are few reasons listed below-
Motivational books will teach you how to live in the present
Most of us do not live in the present and oftentimes miss out on the beautiful moments of the present since we keep on thinking about the future. Reading books will help you to live in the present. It will not let you dwell in the past or the future. Thinking about the future will only lead to more anxiety and depression.
Self-motivational books will keep you out of the mental block you suffer from
Not many of us think these days. We are mechanical beings and work just for the sake of it and it is a kind of drudgery for many. There are very few that work for the love of it. However, reading good inspire books will help you to think and give free flow to your imagination and creativity that most of us keep bottled up.
It helps you to take control of your life
When you read books, there are examples, instances, and stories that highlight the real meaning and purpose of life. You are in a better position to take control of your life. You start being realistic and start believing that not everything lies in your hands. Although prevailing conditions can be changed by changing your outlook or approach towards that situation, it is not always possible, and this is something that you must accept. And the sooner you accept it the better it is.
Best motivational books of all time will change your outlook
When you read these books, they change your approach towards life. You start seeing people with a lot of empathy and respect their opinion. In other words, it will not allow you to feel lost or down when you get into the habit of reading these motivational books.
Having said about the reason why you must read these books, let us find out the top 10 motivational books you can read when you are down.
Names of 10 Top motivational books
Check out the names of the top 10 motivational books here-
- The Art of Happiness, Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler
- Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill, Matthieu Ricard
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, Eckhart Tolle
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
- The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive, Brendan Burchard
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book), Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship (A Toltec Wisdom Book), Don Miguel Ruiz
- Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Be Quick, But Don’t Hurry: Finding Success in the Teachings of a Lifetime, Andrew Hill and John Wooden