About the Company
Allianz SE is a multinational firm for financial services based out of Germany. It was founded on February 5, 1890, by Carl von Thieme, and has its headquarter in Munich. Asset Management and insurance are its core business. In 2014, Forbes magazine declared Allianz to be the world’s largest firm, largest financial services group as well as largest insurance firm by revenue. It has over 100 million corporate and private clients in more than 70 countries. The customers are benefitted from a broad range of corporate and private insurance services like health & life insurance, global business insurance, credit insurance, as well as assistance services. Amongst the insurance industries, Allianz is the leader when it comes to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index because of its systematic integration of social and ecological criteria in their investment decisions and business processes.
As of 2020, Allianz had 1,50,269 employees worldwide.
It is traded as FWB: ALV and is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
For over a century, Allianz has been working hard to secure the lives of people and give courage to their clients for the future globally. To shape their industries they become technology experts, lawyers, engineers, service agents, advisors, and actuaries, they are sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, entrepreneurs and investors. They know the importance of having a partner by one’s side who is fair and provides sustainable solutions, they strive every day with a passion to do it right.
The Strategic Objectives of Allianz
- They outperform their new and old competitors.
- They transform their organization to become scalable, digital, and simple.
- They rebalance their portfolio towards new risk pools and growth markets.
The Behavioral Principles and Culture of Allianz
The world along with financial services changes constantly. The renewal agenda of the firm makes sure that they keep building on their strong foundations and reinforce their leading position by putting efforts in Inclusive Meritocracy, Growth Engines, Technical Excellence, Digital by Default, and True Customer Centricity.
The target culture of Allianz is Inclusive Meritocracy. They believe that their culture has to evolve towards a collaborative, customer-oriented, and agile mindset. This meritocracy of Allianz can be described by the 3 principles:
- In Inclusive Meritcrocy culture performance and people matter
- The “how” and the “what” define and count the performance of individuals at Allianz.
- The aspirations of how everyone should act are set by people attributes(Collaborative Leadership, Trust, Market, and Customer Excellence, and Entrepreneurship).
Key Management People of Allianz
- Oliver Bate: Chairman of the Board of Management (CEO)
- Tony Buckle: Chief Underwriting Office Corporate
- Michael Diekmann: Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Joachim Muller: Chairman of the Board of Management and Group CEO
- Aylin Somersan-Coqui: Chief Risk Officer
- Sergio Balbinot: Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Insurance Asia, Southern, and Western Europe
- Giulio Terzariol: Member of the Board of Mangement of Allianz SE, Finance, Controlling, Risk(CFO)
- Jacqueline Hunt: Member of the Board of Management, US Life Insurance, Asset Management
- Jim Hagemann Snabe: Member of the Board
- Bettina Dietsche: Chief Operating Officer
- Claire-Marie Coste-Lepoutre: Chief Financial Officer
- Gunther Thallinger: Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Investment Management, ESG
- Henning Haagen: Chief Regions and Market Officer, Regional group
- Thomas Sepp: Chief Claims Officer
- William Scaldaferri: Chief Regions and Markets Officer, Regional Group 2
- Barbara Karuth-Zelle: Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Operations and IT (COO)
- Ivan de la Sota: Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Business Transformation, Insurance Iberia and Latin America, Allianz Partners
- Renate Strasser: Chief Underwriting Speciality Officer
- Renate Wagner: Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, Mergers, and Acquisition
- Klaus-Peter Rohler: Member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, Insurance German-Speaking Countries and Central and Eastern Europe
- Christopher Townsend: Board of Management Member of Allianz SE, Global Insurance Lines & Anglo Markets, Reinsurance, Middle East, Africa
Locations of Allianz
It is present in over 70 countries the USA, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Turkey, Thailand, Taiwan, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Srilanka, South Korea, India, South Africa, Slovenia, Slovakia, Singapore, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Romania, Qatar, Portugal, Poland, Philippines, Pakistan, Oman, Norway, Nigeria, New Zealand, Netherland, Morocco, Malaysia, Madagascar, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Latvia, Laos, Kuwait, Kenya, Japan, Ivory Coast, Italy, Ireland, Indonesia, Iceland, Hungary, Hong Kong, Guernsey, Guadeloupe, Greece, Ghana, Germany, French Guyana, France, Finland, Estonia, Egypt, Denmark, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Republic of Congo, Colombia, China, Canada, Cameroon, Bulgaria, Brunei, Brazil, Bermuda, Belgium, Bahrain, Austria, Australia, and Argentina.
Services Offered by Allianz
Casualty and Property Insurance
Be it protecting personal property like automobile or home or covering personal liability, Allianz helps its client plan their future, from birth to retirement. Their corporate, retail, as well as individual clients, enjoy various services and products in every insurance business line that are designed to help them protect from risk.
Life and Health Insurance
The solutions provided by Allianz changes with the change in the life of its clients. They give their confidence to their clients when it comes to taking care of loved ones. They address wellbeing and health protection globally and offer international health, disability, and life insurance; various health and protection services to partners, organizations, families, and individuals.
Allianz is the largest asset manager worldwide and has assets that are worth around 1960 billion euros. They help institutional and private clients protect wealth and develop an investment portfolio. They provide access to their global network of investment specialists when it comes to alternative investments as well as equities and fixed income.
They provide specialized and tailored risk consulting and business insurance for different sector industries despite its size when it comes to securing and protecting supply chains as well as assets.
Subsidaries of Allianz
- Bajaj Allianz
- Allianz Technology
- Mondial Assistance Group
- Euler Hermes
- Allianz Marine & Transit
- Hunter Premium Funding
- Club Marine
- Allianz Life
- Allianz Global Corporate and Specialty
- Allianz Insurance plc
- Allianz Partners
- Allianz Global Investors
- Allianz Worldwide Care
- Allianz France
Finances of Allianz