About the Company
BNP Paribas S.A. is a French banking group that is recognized internationally. It has its headquarter in Boulevard des Italiens, Paris, France. Though BNP Paribas was founded in 2000 after Paribas and Banque Nationale de Paris (BNP) merged, the history of BNP goes back to 1848 and Paribas 1872. In Europe it is the largest bank, overall it is the largest French banking group as well as the 7 largest banks in the world by total assets. There are 4 major international French banks, from which BNP Paribas is one and the other 3 are Groupe BPCE, Société Générale and Crédit Agricole. This group operates across 5 continents and 72 countries. It has sections for investment banking as well as retail banking. The financial stability board considers BNP Paribas as a systematically important bank. The group had 202624 employees worldwide as of 2018. It is traded as Euronext: BNP and has a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index as well as in the French CAC 40 index.
The mission of BNP Paribas is to contribute to an economy that is sustainable and responsible.
Purpose of BNP Paribas
The company has given extra attention to ensure that the world is impacted positively by the firms functioning and the solutions & products offered by them to their customers. The firm is at the service of the world they live in as well as their clients. Sources that have a positive impact are mobilized by them.
Key Management People of BNP Paribas
- Jean-Laurent Bonnafé: Director and Chief Executive Officer
- Yann Gérardin: Chief Operating Officer, Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Thierry Laborde: Chief Operating Officer, Retail Banking
- Laurent David: Deputy Chief Operating Officer
- Renaud Dumora: Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Investment and Protection Services
- Marguerite Bérard: Head of French Retail Banking
- Stefaan Decraene: Head of International Retail Banking
- Charlotte Dennery: Director and Chief Executive Officer of BNP Paribas Personal Finances
- Bernard Gavgani: Chief Information Officer
- Elena Goitini: Chief Executive Officer of BNL
- Nathalie Hartmann: Head of Compliance
- Max Jadot: CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board of BNP Paribas Fortis
- Yannick Jung: Head of Corporate and Institutional Banking Global Banking EMEA
- Pauline Leclerc-Glorieux: Director and Chief Executive Officer of BNP Paribas Cardif
- Lars Machenil: Chief Financial Officer
- Sofia Merlo: Head of Human Resources
- Olivier Osty: Head of Corporate and Institutional Banking Global Markets
- Frank Roncey: Chief Risk Officer
- Antoine Sire: Head of Engagement Officer
Location of BNP Paribas
- South and North America: USA, Peru, Mexico, Martinique-France, French Guiana, Guadeloupe- France, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Canada, Brazil
- Europe: United Kingdom, Ukraine, Turkey, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, Russia, Romania, Portugal, Poland, Netherland, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Hungary, Germany, Finland, France, Denmark, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belgium, Austria
- Africa: Tunisia, South Africa, Senegal, Morocco, Mali, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Reunion Island-France, Burkina Faso, Algeria
- Middle East: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Israel, Bahrain
- Asia-Pacific: Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan China, South Korea, India, Singapore, New Zealand, New Caledonia- France, Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Australia
Subsidaries of BNP Paribas
- SAIB-BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Protection 24
- BNP Paribas Personal Investors Luxembourg
- L’Atelier BNP Paribas
- SBI Life Insurance Company Limited
- Consors Finanz
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management
- BNP Paribas Securities Services
- BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions
- BNP Paribas Real Estate
- BNP Paribas Primebrokerag
- BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK
- BNP Paribas Partners for Innovation
- BNP Paribas Investment Partners
- BNP Paribas Assurances with Cardif, Pinnacle
- BNP Paribas Arbitrage
- Alfred Berg
- BNP PARIBAS Jordan (Jordan)
- Findomestic (Serbia)
- Bank BGŻ BNP Paribas (Poland)
- Banque Internationale pour le Commerce et l’Industrie du Sénégal (Senegal)
- Banque de Wallis et Futuna
- BCI Mer Rouge Djibouti
- Ukrsibbank (Ukraine)
- Sahara Bank (Libya)
- Hello bank!
- BGL BNP Paribas (Luxembourg)
- BNP Paribas Fortis (Belgium, Germany, Poland, Turkey)
- Turk Ekonomi Bankasi (TEB) (Turkey)
- Banca Nazionale del Lavoro (BNL) (Italy)
- BMCI (Morocco)
- BNP Paribas El Djazaïr (Algeria)
- BancWest (Bank of the West in the USA)
- BNP Paribas Bulgaria
- BNP Paribas France
Business Model of BNP Paribas
The firm by providing financial contribution and expertise supports the transitions in society in which they operate and serve the world and clients. Through their integrated and diversified model, they create value on the basis of corporations and risks between their business lines. Their business model has allowed them to support their clients in the unprecedented health crisis situation. At the time of crisis, the group has proven its ability to mobilize and adapt quickly and at the same time demonstrating its proximity to clients.
They provide innovative solutions according to the need of their clients with the help of their proven expertise, coordinated lines of business, and their global reach. These include real estate, asset and wealth management, protection insurance, savings, specialized and traditional financing, cash management, and payments services.
Their clients are offered bespoke solutions to financial advisory, treasury, financing, securities services, and capital markets in the area of institutional and corporate banking. This one bank, which is currently present in 68 countries, helps the customers to grow internationally.
The 3 main activity fields of BNP Paribas are:
Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB)
This division offers financial solutions that are tailored for institutional and corporate clients and includes hedging, risk management, financing, and capital markets issuance. There are 18000 clients in this division across 56 countries with 33000 employees.
Investment and Protection Services (IPS)
This division brings 4 business lines together that include protection solutions, investment, and savings together. The 4 divisions are BNP Paribas Real Estate, BNP Paribas Wealth Management, BNP Paribas Asset Management, and BNP Paribas Cardif.
Retail Banking (RB)
Includes Nickel, BNP Paribas Personal Investors, BNP Paribas Personal Finance, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions, Arval, International Retail Banking, BGL BNP Paribas in Luxembourg, BNL in Italy, BNP Paribas Fortis in Belgium and French Retail Banking (FRB) in France. It is present in 44 countries, 5452 branches, and 118703 employees.
Finances of BNP Paribas