Jas Hennessy & Co., is a cognac French distiller widely famous as Hennessy. It has its headquarter in Cognac, France. The company each year sells around 50 billion bottles all over the world that makes it the largest producer of Cognac. It supplies 40 percent of the world’s cognac. Moët Hennessy who owns 66% of LVHM and 34% of Diageo is the owner of Jas Hennessey.
The secret behind Hennessy’s excellence is it’s being consistent in every step taken to make its product. It has an in-house dedicated testing team that every morning at 11 gathers to select and sample the best Eaux-de-vie. They select from 50 to 100 samples every day and are classified by using specific criteria. To train the palate and nose of members of the tasting committee takes a decade.
Hennesy believes in the essence of Transmission. They craft unparalleled cognacs. Altogether they are more diverse and detailed. They are committed to the people who make the firm exception, the land, and to their clients.
- At Hennessy, they believe that people are the soul and heart of the Maison. They believe that the company is a success because the 1000 people at every level of work contribute their talent to the firm. They honor and support gender equality a well as diversity in the workplace. The company is also known as the guardians of savoir-faire, and that’s what keeps them going for more than 2 centuries.
- Hennessy believes in giving back to the land by preaching and practicing viticulture that is sustainable at every step of the lifecycle of its product.
- The company’s focus is on creating a circular economy. Around the know-how of Charentais, they have already created a “virtuous circle” intentionally. They lead a sector that benefits over fifty thousand people in the region and makes it dynamic as well. They employ over 1000 people directly and maintain exclusive collaborations with 20 distillers and 1600 winegrowers in the region.
- Hennessy is socially responsible as well. It supports the various organization and causes through partnership programs, sponsorship, training, and social inclusion. They regularly contribute to local communities through many ways including mentoring and outreach programs for disadvantaged situations (100 opportunities, 100 jobs); contracts for partnerships, and special needs sponsorships (L’Arche en Charente), as well as a cultural program that is open to the general public. Free programming at Les Quais Ici ou Ailleurs in Cognac, for example, offers access to exhibitions and other cultural events.
- They take steps to show that they believe is responsible drinking Hennessy has drawn up and signed a charter for responsible consumption that each employee working under them should be aware of and follow.
- Not only do They strictly adhere to the regulations for French Food Safety but have chosen to go further with certifications by extending their rigor to the countries they serve in.
The cognac distillery of Hennessey was founded in the year 1765 by Richard Hennessey, an Irish Jacobite military officer. The company got its name in 1813 as Hennessy & Co. through the founder’s son-James Hennessy. The fifth-generation descendant of Kilian Hennessy, succeeded Maurice-Richard, his first cousin to become the Chief Executive Officer of Hennessy. It was in 1971 that he spearheaded the firm’s merger with Moët et Chandon to create Moët Hennessy Today, Laurent Boillot is the firm’s Chairman & CEO and Boris de Vroomen is the International Director.
Products by Hennessy
Below is a list of the products by Jas Hennessy & Co.,
- Hennessy Classivm
- Hennessy Pure White
- Hennessy Black
- Hennessy Ellipse
- Hennessy Timeless
- Hennessy 8
- Hennessy Paradis Imperial
- James Hennessy
- Richard Hennessy
- Hennessy Paradis
- Hennessy Master Blender’s selection
- Hennessy X.X.O
- Hennessy X.O
- Privilége V.S.O.P
- Hennessy V.S
Apart from that, it released collector bottles, which include,
- 1997-1999: Hennessy Kenzo
- 2007-2011: From 2007 until 2011, every year the company released Hennessy XO Odyssey
- 2009: In the honor of Barack Obama, the 44th President, Hennessy VS “44” was released
- 2010: Hennessy VS “NUL” for National Urban League, Hennessy VS “BOA” was about art blending
- 2011: It released Hennessy VS “KAWS”, Hennessy Fine De Cognac and Tea, Hennessy Red Book, Hennessy VSOP Helios, and Hennessy VSOP “NyX”
- 2012: Hennessy VSOP Kyrios and Hennessy X Futura
- 2013: Hennessy VSOP Depuis and Hennessy Luminous
- 2016: Hennessy VS x Scott Campbell
- 2017: Hennessy VSOP x John Maeda, Hennessy X.O x Marc Newson, and Hennessy VS x Jon One
- 2018: Hennessy VS x Vhils
- 2019: Hennessy VS x Felipe Pantone
Finances of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE