In our last video, we showed you how to design your custom multi-directional bot. If you haven’t seen it yet, click here.
Today, we will how you can design a PCB to control a multi-directional Bot.
1) A Veroboard – Its also called Perf-Board / Zero-PCB
2) (25W+) Soldering Iron & Flux-Core Solder Wire
3) 1 Piece of ULN2803 IC
4) 2 Piece DIP Switches
5) 9V Battery & Battery Socket
6) Robot Chassis with 2 BO Motors & 2 Wheels
Watch the Video to Construct a Printed Circuit Board to Control a Multi-directional Bot
Steps to Follow
1) Working of the system
2) Overview of the components
Place ULN2803 IC, which is responsible for driving the BO Motors into the Veroboard. Then solder the pins.
Prototype the ground and VCC Channels, the system requires a stable system of power traces. So be very careful and observe. Inspect the board carefully, plan how the component and traces are to be connected.
Main Construction Part
1) After Soldering hold the solder wire roll in one hand firmly, and press down on the board so that it doesn’t move. After placing the ULN2803 IC, solder the pins on the bottom.
2) Refer to the circuit diagram, and connect the Ground and VCC Traces carefully.
3) Place the two buttons, one for left movement and one for right movement. Solder each button with one corner to VCC and the other corner to Pin 1 & 2 Respectively.
4) If necessary with a wire-cutter/scissor/nail-cutter trim the excess prongs from the components.
5) Sync the circuit diagram and terminals you have soldered.
6) You need to be very careful while connecting the Positive Wires of the motor to VCC and the left motor negative to Pin 18 and right motor negative to Pin 19 of the ULN2803 IC.
7) Add the power supply.
12) Check the circuit finally!
13) Connect the Battery Socket & Power Up the circuit.
14) Press on the switch individually, and see two buttons controlling each of the wheels respectively.
This was a quick demonstration of how to design your custom PCB for a multi-direction bot.
Follow us to check our upcoming videos, where we add some more upgrades and help you build your DIY Projects.