These Are Some Kick-Ass Health Benefits of Turmeric Which You Probably Didn’t Know!
An all-rounder spice, the health benefits of turmeric can be listed in numerous ways. Specifically when it’s turned into a paste. Ground Turmeric benefits people and animals and was first developed by Dr. Doug English, an Australian veterinarian, and now is used by people all over the world. Although turmeric nutrition has been a part of Ayurveda and Chinese Medication for quite a longer time than getting worldwide recognition, let’s dive in to know how and what turmeric does to your body.
What Does Turmeric Do To Your Body?
Turmeric has a massive array of positive effects on your body. Consuming it will give you access to antioxidants that can prevent heart conditions, eye diseases, and mental disorders like Alzheimer’s. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help people suffering from auto-immune diseases like Arthritis. And some properties in it have also proven to have reduced the risk of a cancer spread. This is what turmeric does to your body and the health benefits of turmeric are numerous. Ground turmeric is a miracle that has been proven to be healthy for both people and pets.
What Does Ground Turmeric Include?
Well, when we have started to speak about the benefits of turmeric let us know about its most common usage which is a paste. Ground Turmeric Paste is exactly what you think it is as the words play out. It is a paste that contains turmeric powder, virgin coconut or olive oil, black pepper powder, and water.
How Does It Cure Our Body?
This magic mixture of turmeric cures our bodies of many types of ailments. It is famously known for having the following benefits:
- Reduces blood clots
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Anti-cancer properties
- Antibacterial properties
- Treats Epilepsy in Dogs
Ground turmeric safely benefits our pets. All you have to do is feed them the correct amount according to the sizes of their bodies and they don’t even mind the taste. They happily devour the magic root but just in case if your pooches are fussy then you may hide it in their treats or their drinking water. It is also recommended to be provided to them in smaller amounts as it escapes the body quickly.
Studies suggest getting the full potential of ground turmeric benefits one should consume about 500-2000 mg of it per day. Turmeric nutrition is often full proof and doesn’t have any side effects on human and animal bodies.
How To Completely Use Turmeric?
Turmeric is a relative of the ginger family and has fabulous yellow insides which can leave a permanent stain on your pretty outfits, so make sure you’re dressed in almost rags and wear a pair of gloves. It is best if you can get your hands on some fresh ones, if not then just use powder bought from any store to venture into the health benefits of turmeric.
- If you didn’t know then here’s a great fact, turmeric leaves can be used to cook food or just used as a garnish in Asian dishes.
- You can add some powder to your soup or stew and enjoy it during the cold winter days with your loved ones or just curl up in a bed alone with your favourite book.
- Turmeric nutrition is provided when consumed and it gives out anti-inflammatory properties which won’t make you look back at over-the-counter painkillers.
Why Take Turmeric?
You already know why people take turmeric but here are some absurd reasons but useful reasons why people take turmeric. As it has anti-inflammatory properties it ends up being a great anti-acne cleanser and a face wash. It also helps reduce the perils of unwanted facial hair if used right. Turmeric also has this component called curcumin which has a huge range of benefits. According to a study done at Tufts University, turmeric may help in burning body fat as well but reducing fat tissue growth and regulating sugar levels.
What turmeric does to your body is magical and usually cannot be topped by drugs that will be prescribed to you by a physician. The health benefits of turmeric are:
- Turmeric is anti-cancer: Helps you lessen the risk of various types of cancer.
- It is a powerful antioxidant: The component called curcumin in turmeric removes chemically active molecules from your body which may cause diseases.
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory: The curcumin in turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory resources that block the action of inflammatory molecules in your body which help against autoimmune conditions.
- It is great for skin: Improves the texture of your skin and turmeric cures you of acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Superb brain food: Helps protect against mental diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and works as an antidepressant.
Where Can You Get Ground Turmeric?
Well, if you live in a South Asian country then the root can be found in abundance. You can make the paste at home else you can make it from organic turmeric powder. And here’s how you make the paste:
- Take a pot and mix ½ cup turmeric with 1 cup water.
- Stir the mix in low medium heat till it forms a thick paste.
- Once that is done, mix ¼ cup of cold-pressed virgin coconut or olive oil and 1 ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Leave that to rest in the fridge and use it up in 2 weeks.
Be extremely careful about using the amount of turmeric if you have the following conditions:
- The concerned person is on medication
- Using radiation therapy
- Is pregnant
- If you’re giving some to your pets then make sure you consult with a vet first.
How Do You Get The Most Out of It?
The solution to getting the most out of the health benefits of turmeric lies in how you consume it. Recent studies have shown that using turmeric with cooking oil has been the most beneficial because it helps your body absorb more curcumin and that way it also gets consumed by your gut which in all senses makes sure that turmeric cures you of many harmful ailments.
We all know now that turmeric cures us of a lot of harmful diseases and “why to take turmeric” shouldn’t be a question to us anymore. Since all the health benefits of turmeric have been laid out in front of us, we should now judiciously use it to cure each other with its natural components.