Is it possible to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone free?
People these days are switching from Android Phones mainly because Apple iPhones are a complete package, and the prices of good Android models are the same as that of an iPhone. Previously the Android phones used to cost at least 30% less but now the scene is different. So, a good Android phone with advanced features will be around 1000 to 12000 USD, which is equal to an iPhone. An expensive Android phone may come with some dissatisfactions, however, that won’t be the case for iPhones. Apple iPhones have the best process for regular updates. Now, the main worry is how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
Apple provides an app ‘Move to iOS’ which helps in transferring almost everything barring WhatsApp chats. So people jumping to Apple from Android would certainly want to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone and preserve their WhatsApp chats. Whereas, officially this transfer is impossible, mainly because the backup cloud for Android is Google and for iPhone, it is the iCloud. There are few workarounds to this problem. Let us explore the best ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using dr.fone:
There is an application called dr.fone and it is one of the most trusted methods to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone free. This dr.fone application is available on Microsoft and macOS both. This application is easy to use and very convenient. The process to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using this application is not complicated. The stepwise method is as follows:
- Download and Open the “dr.fone – WhatsApp transfer” app on your Mac or Windows PC
- Connect Android and iPhone to the desktop through the USB ports.
- Click on the option “Transfer WhatsApp Messages” on the dr.fone application.
- To transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone, the “source” device will be Android and the “destination” will be the iPhone.
- Remember, once the transfer begins, the WhatsApp chats and conversations on the Android device will be removed and transferred to the iOS device.
- Crosscheck all the terms and conditions and tap on the “transfer” option to begin the process.
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using the email chat method:
Many WhatsApp users may not want to install the application which we mentioned above. Luckily, they too have a way to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone free. For this, they can employ their mail service via the email chat method. The best way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is of course through the Gmail app. The application can transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone using Google drive. The following are the key stepwise methods for the same:
- Open the WhatsApp app on an Android device
- Go to WhatsApp’s Settings page then go to the section named “Chats”
- Tap on the option “Chat History”
- Click the “Export chat” option which then sends messages via an e-mail. Remember to select a targeted chat as you cannot choose all WhatsApp chats at once.
- Now send that chat backup e-mail to another trusted contact, or,
- Save it as a draft in the Gmail app for the future
Nevertheless, these chat backups can only be read. It is not possible to completely transfer WhatsApp database from Android to iPhone iOS via this method. So, save them as archives but they don’t get restored on the WhatsApp app on the iOS phone.
Now that you know the best ways to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone free go ahead fearlessly and grab that much-awaited iPhone!