Nowadays, many people experience brain fog and it has become a common health condition around the world. Brain fog is frequently depicted as the blurring or clouding of consciousness. Older people suffering from this condition often experience amnesia. When we human beings get older, our body undergoes certain physiological transformations that lead to a debilitating brain condition. Most of us take this for granted. However, people start experiencing comprehension problems and difficulty in recollecting memories. Old people are not as prompt as they used to be earlier. Besides, working overtime, sleeplessness, and anxiety can cause increased blood pressure and lead to brain fog.
Brain fog might cause a feeling of annoyance but there are ways to get respite from it. One must not ignore brain fog symptoms. If the ailment is kept untreated, it might adversely impact your lifestyle. Besides, patients may develop other diseases like amnesia, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease.
What is brain fog symptoms?
Physicians described brain fog as a misunderstanding, memory loss, a lack of concentration, and mental precision. Brain fog can be a result of working overtime, sleeplessness, anxiety, and devoting excessive time to personal computers and smartphones.
On a cellular stage, researchers assume that an increased degree of swelling in the body and variations in hormone levels that control your energy, mood, and concentration can induce brain fog.
The changes in hormone levels turn the entire system to be shaken off. Besides, brain fog disorder may result in other medical conditions like irregular menses, corpulence, and diabetes mellitus.
Brain fog causes
Many people are interested to know what is brain fog and what causes it. Brain fog is characteristically ingrained in a way of living that stimulates hormonal disparities and is aggravated by anxiety.
Primarily, brain fog causes include the following:
- It occurs from electromagnetic radiation – from smartphones, personal computers, and tablets
- Insomnia and not doing exercise often lead to brain fog
- Anxiety– it cuts down blood flow to the brain, leading to forgetfulness
- Exposure to pollution, toxins (poisonous substances), insecticides, and chemical substances is one of the primary causes of this syndrome
- A diet bereft of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and antioxidants can cause brain fog
Common brain fog symptoms
Typically, brain fog symptoms are as follows:
- Insomnia or lack of sleep
- Fatigue or low energy level
- Mood swings
- Weakened cognitive ability
- Irritability or petulance
- Lack of motivation or concepts
- The problem in paying attention
- Mild depression
- Too many absence seizures
Brain fog cure
Treatment for brain fog is dependent on the cause of why it is occurring. Changes in your lifestyle can also help you battle this condition.
- Devote less time to smartphones and personal computers– always keep giving cues to yourself for taking a break
- Adopt diet modifications
- Do optimistic thinking, this will help you diminish anxiety
- Have sufficient sleep. Look for at least 7-8 hours of sleep every day. Develop a habit to go to bed at 10 pm daily or not after midnight
- Stop drinking coffee in the afternoon
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Exercise regularly
- Always look for pleasurable activities
So, brain fog is not incurable. A disciplined lifestyle, devoting less time to smartphones and computers, and a proper diet can solve this recurrent health condition to a significant degree.