John Quincy Adams, the sixth president of the United States, served from 1825 to 1829. An American statesman, diplomat, lawyer, and diarist, Adams also served as the eighth United States Secretary of State from 1817 to 1825. He was also an ambassador, and a member of the United States Senate and United States House of Representatives representing Massachusetts. Adams was known for his bright mind and political independence. John Quincy Adams quotes are mostly based on politics and leadership.
Let us read a few John Quincy Adams quotes –
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”
- “All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse.”
- “Gratitude, warm, sincere, intense, when it takes possession of the bosom, fills the soul to overflowing and scarce leaves room for any other sentiment or thought.”
- “It is of no use to discover our own faults and infirmities unless the discovery prompts up to amendment.”
- “The more you meditate on the laws of Moses, the more striking and brighter does their wisdom appear.”
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
- “I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
- “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.”
- “Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak, and that it is doing God’s service when it is violating all His laws.”
- “It is my wish to fill every moment of my time with some action of the mind which may contribute to the pleasure or the improvement of my fellow creatures.”
Hence, John Quincy Adams facts and John Quincy Adams biography inspire us to be better humans and leaders. John Quincy Adams quotes pass the message of making the world a better place to live in.