Simplicity, the state of being simple, is the highest sophistication form. As said by Sherlock Holmes, “the simplest explanation is often the most plausible”. Simple usually interpreted in any context are different such as, easy to understand or explain texts, situations, or even a person. In contrast, as suggested by Herbert A. Simon, simplicity or complexity depends on the way people describe something. We will see some happy quotes on simplicity.
There are various qualities that suggests the “simplicity” label are purity, clarity or beauty. It is the greatest form of sophistication, to think simply is to understand the benefit of a simpler approach first.
Here are some simplicity quotes –
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity.” – Isaac Newton
- “A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “And yes, there’s a simplicity to writing books because you’re not a member of a team, so you make all the decisions yourself instead of deferring to a committee. “ – Bernard Cornwell
- “A vocabulary of truth and simplicity will be of service throughout your life.” – Winston Churchill
- “Anything simple always interests me.” – David Hockney
Related article: Happy Quotes for Entrepreneur