Health is wealth is a proverb that is believed as true by almost everyone. We all try to keep ourselves healthy by doing fitness exercises, maintaining a balanced diet, and other activities. Many of us are not aware that drinking apple cider vinegar can be beneficial for our health.
You can drink apple cider vinegar every day to energize your health but you should take it in limited quantities. You should mix it with water and not consume more than one tablespoon at one time since taking more than that might lead to nausea.
How is apple cider vinegar made?
ACV is manufactured by fermentation of apple juice.
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar so popular?
Apple cider vinegar is popular due to its healing power. For hundreds of years, it has been used as a medication in natural health societies. It is mentioned in the literature that in 400 BC, Hippocrates used the mixture of honey and ACV as a therapeutic solution, antibiotic, and stimulant for common people’s wellness.
ACV is consumed as a drink and comes with a plethora of health benefits because of the existence of helpful yeast, microorganisms, and protein. After it goes through a filtration and purifying, the culture of the bacterium is taken out, and it leads to crystal-clear apple cider vinegar. It contains acetic acid and other helpful compounds that give it healing attributes.
Related Article: 5 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water
Salient benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV comes with several health benefits when taken in a moderate amount. You can use it in cooking or take it with water.
Apple cider vinegar health benefits include the following:
- Apple cider vinegar studies demonstrate that ACV is good for cardiac health as it cuts down cholesterol and lowers blood pressure
- Diabetics can drink it to reduce blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity
- It is an immunity booster
- ACV assists in weight reduction provided necessary lifestyle and dietary modifications are in place
- ACV works as a natural cure for postnasal drip, runny nose, as well as sinus infections. It also cures acid reflux symptoms and heartburn
- It improves digestion by enhancing healthy gut flora
- Due to its antimicrobial properties, ACV works as a remedy for bacterial infections leading to stomach problems
- Apple cider vinegar is seen as a preventive to different forms of cancer
- ACV is good for hair follicle health
- It reduces fatigue and is an effective tonic to raise the energy level
- ACV is a remedy for skin warts and other infections owing to viruses. As a whole, it is good for skin health.
Related Article: Cannabidiol or CBD oil- Uses and side effects
Side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV also has some side effects that you need to take into consideration such as:
- If it is taken in large amounts, it may cause tooth enamel damage and stomach disorder
- Diabetic patients and patients consuming potassium-reduction drugs have to take it carefully since it changes the potassium and insulin level
- It may cause delayed stomach emptying and digestive side effects
- Prolonged consumption in high amounts might lead to osteoporosis
- It can cause skin burns if applied to the skin
- ACV has a history of drug interactions, especially with diabetic and diuretic medicines.
So, both the pros and cons of ACV have to be counted before taking it regularly.