A city called Jerusalem in the Middle East, located on a plateau in the Judaean Mountains between the Mediterranean and the Dead Sea. This city is one of the oldest cities in the world. It is considered holy to the three major Abrahamic religions—Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
The 10 best places to visit in Jerusalem are–
- The Temple Mount– It is considered first holiest places in Judaism and third holiest in Islam
- The Western Wall (Wailing wall)– Built in First Century B.C. and considered the Second Jewish Temple.
- Dome of the Rock– It is an Islamic shrine located in the Old city of Jerusalem, built in 691 A.D. by Caliph ABD Al-Malik.
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre– It is built in 335 A.D. It’s a shrine for Christianity as they believe this location has cited for Jesus’ Crucifixion and resurrection of his soul.
- The Garden Tomb– It is believed to be the burial ground of Jesus before resurrection of his soul.
- Mount of Olives– It is famous for its Olive growth and served the primary burial ground of Jerusalem.
- Tower of David– It holds a vivid record of histories of Jerualem.
- The Israel Museum– It is the largest Cultural Institution of Jerusalem founded in the year 1965.
- Via Dolorosa Street– It lies in the North Western corner of Temple Mount and translates to ways of sorrows.
- The Dead Sea– It lies along the Israel-Jerusalem border. As, the name says no living creature can survive here due to its high salt percentage.